References to “you,” and/or “user” mean a general user of the website, whether as a registered member, email list subscriber or general website user.
1.2. Agreement to be bound
The following Terms and Conditions, together with the relevant information set out on the website, including any features and services available, such as photographs, publications and other materials, are subject to the Terms and Conditions set forth below. Please read them carefully as any of use of the website constitutes an agreement, without acceptance, to be bound thereby by the User. By using the website and upon registration therefore, by clicking that you agree to these Terms, you represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years old, have read and understand the Terms and Conditions, and that you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as set forth below.
When you decide to become a Member of Professional Jewish Matchmaking, you agree to be unequivocally bound by these Terms and Conditions (collectively, this “Agreement”).
We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Agreement. This might be required because of changes in the applicable laws, changes in our business practices or the incorporation of new services.
We will notify you with reasonable means such as emails, if any change materially affects your rights or obligations under this Agreement. By electing to continue using our Services following the implementation of these changes, you will be considered bound by the updated version of the Terms and Conditions.
You agree that these Terms shall supersede any prior agreements and shall govern the entire relationship between Professional Jewish Matchmaking and you, including but not limited to events, agreements and any conduct preceding your acceptance of this Agreement.
In order to become a Client or Member of Professional Jewish Matchmaking and use our Matchmaking Services, you must be at least 18 years old.
2. Summary of Terms
Confidentiality, honesty and trust are of paramount importance to us. Professional Jewish Matchmaking distinguishes itself from other matchmaking websites for the high quality services we offer.
When you use our Services, you represent and confirm that you:
- All the Details you have provided are truthful, accurate and complete;
- Are looking for a sincere relationship;
- Do not have any criminal convictions;
- Neither are an employee of any other matchmaking company, nor are you affiliated personally or professionally with other matchmaking companies or agencies.
You are prohibited from:
- Deliberately or recklessly harming the reputation of Professional Jewish Matchmaking or the reputation of any Member of Professional Jewish Matchmaking, and from making defamatory or disparaging statements publicly available;
- Making defamatory or negative statements (either verbally or in writing) about Professional Jewish Matchmaking, the services we provide or any Member of Professional Jewish Matchmaking to any Third Party;
- Disclosing Confidential Information to any Third Party (and you will take the utmost care to keep Confidential Information secure and protected and to ensure that you do not inadvertently disclose Confidential Information);
- Causing a nuisance, inconvenience or anxiety to any Client, Member or employee of Professional Jewish Matchmaking, or contact them after they have explicitly notified you that they do not wish any further communication;
- Acting in an abusive, threatening, harassing, obscene, libelous, offensive, sexist, racist or discriminatory manner towards any Client, Member and employee of Professional Jewish Matchmaking;
- Obstructing anyone else from using and enjoying Professional Jewish Matchmaking’s services;
- Impersonating another person;
- Using our services for any commercial purpose such as to promote products or services to other Clients and Members;
- Providing us with any photograph or other material the copyright in which belongs to a Third Party.
Professional Jewish Matchmaking shall terminate the Agreement at any time immediately without notice to you, shall erase your data and prohibit you from using again our Services, if:
- You have provided us with materially misleading and false information about yourself,
- You have breached any of the terms of this Agreement.
- Professional Jewish Matchmaking reserves all the legal rights and remedies; it is entitled to without any prejudice.
3. The Services
- Professional Jewish Matchmaking is committed to search for suitable Matches amongst its Members and may make a reasonable presentation of your Bio to potential Matches.
- You will respond promptly to communications from Professional Jewish Matchmaking (no more than 7 days).
- You will inform Professional Jewish Matchmaking of any changes to your Relationship, Financial and Professional Status as soon as possible.
- You have the right to terminate your Membership at any time for any reason by contacting Professional Jewish Matchmaking.
- Every month you will receive a newsletter via email, which contains a link. By clicking on this link, you will have the option to terminate your relationship with Professional Jewish Matchmaking and have your information erased from our databases.
4. Performance Guarantee
When you purchase a membership in any Professional Jewish Matchmaking service, you are buying a contract for services from a professional matchmaking company engaged in finding, vetting, and referring you to potential soul-mates-for-life persons with whom you might fall in love and form a life-long, committed relationship. Professional Jewish Matchmaking guarantees that we will refer you to at least 6 such persons during a six-month membership; and to at least 12 such persons during a one year membership. It is understood, however, that this guarantee will become null and void should Professional Jewish Matchmaking determine at any time that you have been untruthful, inaccurate, deceitful, deceptive, or misleading in any way in providing information for your Member Profile the primary instrument by which we gather the information we need to carry out an effective and fruitful search on your behalf.
5. Personally – Identifying Information
By the nature of our business, visitors to a Professional Jewish Matchmaking website choose to interact with Professional Jewish Matchmaking in ways that require us to gather a great deal of personally-identifying information, particularly through the use of our Member Profile form. This form, when it is signed by a member, gives Professional Jewish Matchmaking specific permission to share this information with an indefinite number of carefully vetted potential partners. It also contains a specific prohibition against members sharing this information with any third party. We don’t disclose personally-identifying information to anyone except other members. If Professional Jewish Matchmaking discovers that a member has shared another member’s profile with anyone that member’s contract will immediately become null and void, and the member will not be entitled to any refund of his or her membership fee.
We don’t collect personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 18. If we become aware that an underage person has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will immediately delete such information.
6. Protection of Certain Personally – Identifying Information
We disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of our employees, contractors and affiliated organizations who (a) need to know that information in order to process it on the Company’s behalf or to provide services available at the website; and (b) who have agreed not to disclose it to others. Other than to our employees, contractors and affiliated organizations or as described above, we disclose potentially personally- identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Professional Jewish Matchmaking, third parties, or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a Professional Jewish Matchmaking website and have opted in to our mailing list, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Professional Jewish Matchmaking and our services.
We will not send you any emails unless you’ve specifically opted-in to our mailing list; and any email we send you will contain an automatic Internet link whereby you can immediately opt-out of all future mailings.
8. Money-Back Guarantee
If at any time, for any reason, you would like to cancel your Professional Jewish Matchmaking membership, just inform us via phone call or email and Professional Jewish Matchmaking will refund 50 percent of the unexpired portion of your membership fee. You may also put your membership on “hold” while you explore a new-found relationship, if you become ill, or if you simply wish to pause our services for a while. Professional Jewish Matchmaking won’t provide any counseling or search services during this period. But when you decide you want to have Professional Jewish Matchmaking start searching again, simply let us know via letter or email and we’ll remove the “hold” and get back to work finding you a partner; and we’ll continue doing so for the duration of your existing contract.
10. Links to Third Party Sites
All non-personally-identifying information, potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying-information described above is stored on restricted database servers.
13. Limitation of Liability
You agree that all information you submit to Professional Jewish Matchmaking is truthful and accurate.
Professional Jewish Matchmaking relies on the integrity and accuracy of the information and details provided by our Members. We respect your privacy and we do not conduct background checks except for performing routine verification checks using public information available online.
You acknowledge that Professional Jewish Matchmaking cannot guarantee the outcome of the date you may have or the success of a resulting relationship; we cannot control the response that other Members may have after a potential introduction of your Bio to them.
You agree to give feedback to Professional Jewish Matchmaking about your dating experiences and interaction with your Matches. This feedback will help us to improve our services and increase your chances to find your perfect Match.
We are not responsible for the interactions you might have with other Members or for the behavior or actions of any other Member.
Professional Jewish Matchmaking does not conduct Criminal or Background Checks and makes no warranty or representation about the marital status, mental state and criminal record of any member.
You agree to use caution in all interactions with other Members, when you decide to communicate or meet them in person. You must take reasonable precautions including but not limited to arranging any meeting in a public place and not providing your financial information, for example, your credit card or bank account details, or wire or otherwise send money, to other Members.
Professional Jewish Matchmaking has no responsibility to arbitrate in disputes between Members.
You agree, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Professional Jewish Matchmaking, our affiliates, our respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all complaints, demands, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to, arising out of, or relating in any way to your access to or use of our Services, or your breach of this Agreement.
14. Confidentiality and Data Protection
You agree that Professional Jewish Matchmaking will store in its servers and process your personal information (including any sensitive personal information) in order to provide you with high quality Services, communicate with you and for marketing, statutory and accounting purposes.
We will keep your Private information secured and protected by employing high standard security measures.
All Members undertake to keep confidential the private information they received regarding other Members, their interactions with other Members, the Matchmaking and Dating Services they receive from Professional Jewish Matchmaking. All Members agree that they will not use the information of another Member, and Professional Jewish Matchmaking Services for any unlawful, nefarious or criminal purpose.
Professional Jewish Matchmaking will exercise its rights to terminate the Membership of any Member, who breaches the obligations of confidentiality and reserves the right to take any legal action to enforce these obligations. All Members possess equal rights to initiate any legal action against other Members, who breach the terms of this Agreement.
Professional Jewish Matchmaking reserves all copyright, trademark and any other intellectual property rights in any materials or content that is part of the Professional Jewish Matchmaking Website and the Services provided to you. You are strictly prohibited from copying or distributing or making public any such materials or content except for your own personal non-commercial use. Professional Jewish Matchmaking reserves the right to take such legal action as may be appropriate to stop or prevent infringement of such rights.
No failure or delay on the part of any Party in exercising any right, power or privilege under these Terms shall constitute a waiver of, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any such right, power or privilege preclude, any other or further exercise of any other right, power or privilege.